Stacey Miller is affiliated with the Firm as Of Counsel to the Family Law Department. Ms. Miller has extensive experience and practices exclusively in the areas of matrimonial and family law, including divorce, custody and parenting time, child support, alimony, equitable distribution, dissolution of civil unions, termination of domestic partnerships and post-judgment issues.
Ms. Miller received her Bachelor of Arts degree from Tulane University and earned her juris doctor from Loyola University New Orleans College of Law. She is a member of the New Jersey and Louisiana Bars.
Ms. Miller has reported appellate decisions, including Schmitt v. Schmitt, 28 So. 3d 537 (La. 4th Cir. 2009), wherein the 4th Circuit of Louisiana ruled in favor of Ms. Miller's client, finding that that the spouse was not free from fault in the divorce which precluded her from receiving permanent alimony; and Mathis v. Mathis, 964 So. 2d 426 (La. 4th Cir. 2007) wherein the 4th Circuit of Louisiana determined that sanctions against an attorney were not warranted despite the attorney attesting to a litigant certification which was false. Ms. Miller also has an unreported appellate decision, Galliano v. Galliano, unpublished (La. 4th Cir. 2009) wherein the 4th Circuit of Louisiana ruled in favor of Ms. Miller's client finding that that the husband did not prove a substantial change in circumstance to warrant a change in custody based upon the best interests of the children.
Ms. Miller is a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association and Monmouth County Bar Association.
Prior to obtaining her law degree, Ms. Miller owned and operated a coffeehouse/café in New Orleans. She brings her business acumen and knowledge to the practice of family law.
Ms. Miller also worked as a volunteer attorney in New Orleans following Hurricane Katrina and provided legal services for displaced victims of the devastating hurricane.
Areas of Practice
- Matrimonial and Family Law
- Custody and Parenting Time
- Child Support
- Equitable Distribution
- Dissolution of Civil Unions
- Termination of Domestic Partnerships
- Post-Judgment Issues
- Louisiana, 2006
- New Jersey, 2005
- Loyola University New Orleans School of Law, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Juris Doctor
- Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts
- Schmitt v. Schmitt, 28 So. 3d 537 (La. 4th Cir. 2009)
- Mathis v. Mathis, 964 So. 2d 426 (La. 4th Cir. 2007)
- Galliano v. Galliano, unpublished (La. 4th Cir. 2009)
- Family Law : The Real World, Loyola Law School, 2007 - Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member
- Monmouth County Bar Association, Member