With most divorce cases, child custody is the often the most heated and emotional issue. The professionals at LaRocca Hornik Rosen Greenberg & Patti LLC take a balanced and steady approach to difficult child custody issues. Our legal team employs negotiation, mediation and, if need be, fights for you in court to create a custody and visitation agreement that provides you and your children with a sense of security and peace.
If you are being threatened with having your children taken away from you, don't worry. Parents lose access to their children in only the most serious situations that often involve substance and/or domestic abuse.
From offices in Freehold and Red Bank, we advise and represent clients in Monmouth County, Ocean County, Middlesex County and throughout central New Jersey. Call us at 732-246-2112 to schedule a consultation with one of our child custody attorneys.
Best Interests Of The Child
New Jersey courts consider numerous factors in determining the best interests of the child. These include:
- Your ability to effectively co-parent the child
- Your willingness to accept custody and any history of unwillingness to allow parenting time not based on substantiated abuse
- Your relationship with your child and your child's relationship with his or her siblings
- History of domestic violence
- The preference of the child
- The needs of the child
- The stability of the home
- The quality and continuity of the child's education
- The fitness of the parents
- The proximity of the parents' homes
- The quality of the time spent with the child prior to your separation with your spouse
- Your job responsibilities
- The age and number of children
Neither parent is favored by the courts in determining the best interests of the child. We help both mothers and fathers obtain child custody.
We have found it is often better for parents to negotiate or mediate child custody issues rather than allowing a stranger, in this case a judge, to make those crucial decisions. The professionals at LaRocca Hornik Rosen Greenberg & Patti LLC are committed to helping you find a child custody solution that works for the entire family.
Contact Our Visitation Attorneys Today
Call us at 732-246-2112 or send an email to arrange a consultation with an experienced lawyer.