LaRocca Hornik Rosen Greenberg & Crupi, LLC - Family Law

Call for a Consultation

732-246-2112 Attorney Advertising

NY Office

Child Relocation Attorneys

When a parent with custodial rights wishes to move a child to a distant location, that parent must first either gain the consent of the other parent or obtain a court order permitting the move. Such cases can generate intense emotions and result in contentious litigation.

At LaRocca Hornik Rosen Greenberg & Crupi, LLC, in Freehold, our attorneys have a record of success in litigation involving proposed child relocations. Having handled many cases of this type, we understand the standard of proof that judges demand and how to gather evidence in support of our clients' cases.

Whether you wish to relocate with a child or prevent such a move, we can represent you.

What Questions Will The Court Ask?

New Jersey courts make all child custody decisions in based on what they perceive to be the "best interest" of the child. Presenting relevant evidence and arguments in a compelling way can therefore make a difference in the courts' decision.

Some of the questions the court will want answered include the following:

  • Does the relocating parent want to move for good faith reasons?
  • Is the proposed move for the purposes of punishing the other parent or depriving the parent of their rights?
  • Will the child have adequate schooling and access to health care in the new location?
  • Will the move unduly limit the other parent's ability to spend time with the child?
  • How will the child's social relationships with other family members be affected?

Experienced Family Law Litigation Lawyers

In some cases, it may be possible to negotiate a reasonable visitation plan for the nonrelocating parent. Our firm has accomplished this on behalf of clients in numerous cases.

However, it is quite likely that the case will be resolved by a judge. Our lawyers are skilled at developing persuasive evidence in such cases. We will vigorously represent you, working tirelessly to protect your parental rights.

Contact Our Attorneys

To discuss a case involving a proposed child relocation, call LaRocca Hornik Rosen Greenberg & Crupi, LLC at 732-246-2112 or contact us online. We serve clients in Monmouth County, Ocean County, Middlesex County and throughout central New Jersey.

Contact Our Firm

To schedule a consultation, call LaRocca Hornik Rosen Greenberg & Crupi, LLC at 732-246-2112 or contact us online.

From our offices in Freehold and New York, we serve clients in

  • Monmouth County
  • Ocean County
  • Middlesex County
  • Central New Jersey

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

  • Super Lawyers
  • newjersey
  • peer-rated-for-highest-level-of-professional-excellence

No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Several of our attorneys have been honored with inclusion in the SuperLawyers / Rising Stars list(s) as published by Thomson Reuters, relative to being family law attorneys. Dates of inclusion are noted on their individual attorney profile pages. Please visit the SuperLawyers Selection Process for information pertaining to the selection methodology. Additionally, Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards. For selection methodology details please visit

Freehold Office
83 South Street, Suite 302
Freehold, NJ 07728

Phone: 732-246-2112
Fax: 732-409-0350
Freehold Law Office Map

New York Office
40 Wall Street
32nd Floor
New York, NY 10005

Phone: 732-246-2112
Fax: 212-530-4815
Map & Directions

review us

At LaRocca Hornik Rosen Greenberg & Crupi, LLC we value your feedback. Please leave us a review.