Obtaining A Fair Valuation
Calculating the fair value of a business or professional practice requires a special set of skills.
At LaRocca Hornik Rosen Greenberg & Crupi, LLC, we have extensive experience in this field, having represented numerous clients in divorces involving businesses, including business owners and spouses of business owners. We understand the many complex factors requiring investigation and analysis. Over the years, our firm has worked with many business valuation specialists and forensic accountants to develop valuations that can be defended in court.
If you are planning to divorce and your asset holdings include a share in a business or professional practice, we can help. Call us at 732-246-2112 to learn more about business valuation in divorce.
Complex Property Division Attorneys
LaRocca Hornik Rosen Greenberg & Crupi, LLC in Freehold is a team of highly experienced divorce attorneys serving clients throughout New Jersey. We regularly represent business owners, professionals and their spouses in divorce actions.
In such cases, it is important to retain the services of one or more business valuation specialists with experience, credibility and the ability to defend their findings in court. When representing you, our team will conduct a comprehensive analysis of the financial, operational and taxation factors that affect the value of the business.
Some of the questions we will ask include the following:
- What is the growth rate of the company’s revenues and income?
- Are there any tax liabilities or tax loss carryforwards that are not reflected in the balance sheet?
- What is the value of the underlying real estate and is that fairly noted in the balance sheet?
- Do other parties have an ownership interest in the company?
- What is the value of trademarks and other intellectual property?
- What portion of the company’s value consists of separate property and what portion consists of marital property?
The value of a business can represent a very high percentage of a couple’s assets. You cannot afford anything less than a fair, accurate and defendable valuation of your business or professional practice. LHRG&P will work diligently to protect your rights and assets throughout the legal process.
Contact A Lawyer
We serve clients in Monmouth County, Ocean County, Middlesex County and central New Jersey. To schedule a consultation about a divorce case, call LaRocca Hornik Rosen Greenberg & Crupi, LLC at 732-246-2112 or send us an email.